Wednesday, April 26, 2006
This weeks Watcher's Council picks.
Every week, the Watcher's Council nominate two posts each, one from the Council memebers and one from outside for consideration by the whole Council. The complete list of this week’s Council nominations is here. Here are the Council's picks:
1. Dr. Sanity: STRATEGIES FOR DEALING WITH DENIAL - Part III
In which Pat Santy provides a great analysis of recognizing and dealing with denial in yourself and others. And relates it to the 9/10 mindset.
2. The Glittering Eye:Tired
Dave is frustrated at the state of things today. Haven't we all been there?
3. New World Man - wonders in the world: Something that will never be discussed with intelligence or clarity anywhereMatt Barr discusses freedom of speech issues in the proposed labelling regulations for web pages with sexual content.
4. The Strata-Sphere: Whistle Blowing The Right Way And The Wrong Way AJ tries to come up with a standard for determining when something is whistle blowing and when it's simple leaking.
5. ShrinkWrapped: Defining Terms: The Left Shrink takes a bold stab at defining the Left. Actually, pal, the Left is just a religion..and thus difficult to pin down, IMO...
6. Done With Mirrors:While Europe SleptOooh, I liked this one. I've heard Bruce Bawer on a couple of talk shows. He's a gay man who left the `homophobic' USA for what he thought was freedom in secular Europe..and then he ran into the Muslims. He discusses the risk of fascism in Europe as the population gets more and more frustrated at their politicians' ineptness in even providing for basic safety and protection of the European culture.
7. The Sundries Shack: Back to Sleep. Nighty Night. Daily Kos..so-oo pre 9/11!
8. The Education Wonks: The Spellings Report: Today's Big NCLB News! How certain school districts are exploiting loopholes in No Child Left behind to hide test scores.
9. Right Wing Nut House: DEFEND DISSENT: PUNISH THE LEAKERS Rick says a leak is a leak. And takes a certain Senator Kerry into the woodshed for insisting that this is somehow `dissent'.
10. Rhymes With Right: I don't see the problem In which Greg calls for an end to the `anchor baby' phenomenon.
11. J O S H U A P U N D I T: Time to do the mullah dance If this information doesn't scare you, and convince you that we need to do something about Iran ASAP, I haven't done my job.
12. Gates of Vienna: Make My Day Ah, Dymphna. Sweetness, charm, grace and one heckuva smackdown for a Useful Idiot that dared cross her path. Better than Mexican wrestling.