Every week, the Watcher's Council nominate two posts each, one from the Council members and one from outside for consideration by the whole Council. The complete list of this week’s Council nominations can be found at our fearless leader's site Watcher of Weasels
This week, we have something very special, the debut of AbbaGav as a member of the Watcher's Council. I checked out his site and he is a worthy addition to the group..as you will see below.
1.J O S H U A P U N D I T: Richard Cohen soils himself You know, if there's one thing Judeophobes and Israel bashers absolutely love, it's a self-hating, attention craving smarmy Jew who can be relied on to provide cover for their malignant psychosis and racism. Up pops WAPO columnist Richard Cohen...and as you can imagine, I had a couple of things to say to him.
2. Done With Mirrors: Of vice and men - I love the way Callimachus dissects ideas..here he examines the idea of the view of people who feel `victimized' by circumstance as opposed to those who become determinists for change.
3.Gates of Vienna: As Old as the Garden of Eden Dymphna talks about the Achilles heel of the emerging economic powerhouses of China and India - their abysmal treatment of women. A fine read.
4. ShrinkWrapped: A Perspective on Tribes and Anti-Semitism In a fascinating post, Shrinkwrapped examines the relationship between tribalism, envy and Jew hatred.
5. Presidential signing statements II: So that's why he hasn't been vetoing stuff : Socratic Rhythm Method inthe second of a three parter, Matt Barr examines the controversy over overuse of Presidential signing statements, "interpretations" of new laws the President issues upon signing bills which supposedly indicate how and whether he intends to enforce certain provisions.
6. The Glittering Eye: Dysfunctional neighborhood Dave Schuler provides an excellent analogy to understand the conflict in the Middle East...it's about the neighborhood.
7.The Education Wonks: Redefining Parental Rights: The Latest Battle I found this fascinating...what happens when you have a 16 year-old Virginia cancer patient who wants to stop chemotherapy, with his parents support...and a judge refuses to allow it, orders a resumption of treatment, strips the parents of full custody, and charges them with neglect?
8.The Strata-Sphere Did The CIA Block NSA Leads To FISA? AJ examines the possible dysfunctional relationship between the NSA, the CIA and FISA that may have affected the efficiency of collecting US intel...
9. Rhymes With Right Greg's excellent take on Richard Cohen's nonsense. Well done, Greg!
10.Right Wing Nut House: WHO WILL “DISARM” HIZBULLAH? Rick writes a very interesting piece and speculates on the problems of defanging Hezbollah. My answer? The Israelis will either totally disarm them by force or fight them to the point of marginalization, whatever it takes..simply because they no longer have a choice. I really see it as that simple.
11.The Sundries Shack: Just When He Thinks He’s Out, the Dems Keep Pulling Him Back In! Jimmie Bise tackles a topic that I and Greg went around on a couple of weeks ago..the possibility of Tom DeLay being re-electeed to congress. I'd L O V E to see that happen!
12. AbbaGav UN Observers Wouldn't Know a Hizbullah Missile if it Hit Them Last but certainly not least, the debut of new Council member AbbaGav. Here he talks about UNFIL, the so called