Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekend Monkey On Politics: The Real Banana,3/31/09



Hidey Ho, Primates! Welcome to the return of one and only Real Banana, your source for the real poop on politics.

Let's get right down to it, shall we?

Today's big noise is the special election in New York's 20th Congressional District. With the old rep Kirsten Gillibrand because kicked upstairs to the senate by Gov Patterson ( and lemme tell you, primates, I sure didn't see that one coming!) the race is on to replace her between Tedisco and Murphy.

If you still got a few shekels to bet, I figure the reThugs take this one by a couple of points, so it'll be Tedisco.

That particular district ain't Manhattan, it's upstate and thus a little more GOP leaning. Plus, people aren't exactly turning cartflips over the new state budget and all those Democrat inspired tax increases.

On the bright side for my Democrats it'll be close, so no real referendum on Obama. Although I gotta say, so fsr he screwing it up even worse than I thought he would.

Anyhoo, bet Tedisco to win, or if you can find a 'tard who'll give you Murphy and three or four points, I'd bet the spread.

The other beeg noise today is Chris Dodd's political meltdown on his home ground in Connecticut. The Senator from CountryWide and AIG is in real trouble, even if the election isn't 'til next year. I mean, when your home state newspapers are calling you a lying weasel and the polls show some dumbass House rep with higher poll ratings than you when you're a five-term incumbent, it might just be time to pull the plug and ride off into the sunset with whatever you've been able to steal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dodd did just that.


Weekend Monkey was a Democratic candidate for president in the 2008 election, and a frequent contributer to Joshuapundit.He is currently working on a book about the campaign. He can be contacted at Wendmonkey@ yahoo.com


2 comments:

louielouie said...

OMG!!!!!
OMG!!!!!
i read this, what monkey boy hopes will pass for an essay, and then made a trip to the bathroom to hurl.
in this essay chimpy doesn't say anything about how long he's been sober, whether he's been in & out, or just in, which re-hab clinic.
all i can say is ff must have turned his back for, what, a minute, and monkey boy is back pulling the same crap he always does.
i just threw-up in my mouth a little bit writing this so i'm gonna have to make another trip to the bathroom.
the only book monkey boy could work on would be one of those rehab books about dangerous drugs and STDs.
ff needs to get a new password for posting essays on his blog.

Weekend Monkey said...

My biz is politics, Louie Loser. That's why I'm here. Hell, if Dodd's numbers keep falling I might even go after his seat.

Senator Monkey, I like the sound of that!

As for the cracks about rehab, lissen up primate..would you laugh at a cripple or anyone else with a weakness? Well you, I know you would but most primates wouldn't which is my point.

Always remember this, LL; I'm Weekend Monkey. And you, you just wish you were.

WM