Friday, June 05, 2009

More On The Memphis Jihadi Killer



As you might remember, I had a theory on Carlos Bledsoe AKA Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, the man shot and killed one US soldier an dseverely wounded another in a drive by in Little Rock.

I was certain that it would read something like this: ...criminal record, converted to Islam in prison by a wahabi Imam, and associated with a radical mosque since his release.

We found out he was a Muslim convert shortly afterwards.

As for the radical mosque associations, Blue Collar Republican in Memphis, Muhammed's home town, has some great background:

Bledsoe was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee which raises the issue of when and where he was introduced to radical Islam. On June 2, 2009, I attempted to follow-up on what little was known of Bledsoe and visited his family’s business, home and the mosque he was rumored to have visited locally. Unfortunately, his family had gone into hiding and after a meeting with his local Imam on June 3, 2009, I was able to learn very little in the way of background. This led me to doing additional research to see if I could learn more about the Masjid As-Salam mosque, its Imam, Maleck Sarr and any connections between the mosque’s members and Jihad. I believe I have found another example of an American Muslim connected with the Masjid As-Salam mosque and radical Islam in addition to the Little Rock terrorist suspect.

One side note: BCR makes reference to the Sufi sect of Islam, which I'm familiar with, and in my experience their entire orientation is towards moderation, mysticism and peace.

I would guess that either the Imam is not a Sufi, or someone else inside the mosque is coopting it. Sufis are not normally associated with violent jihad.

1 comment:

Right Truth said...

We see the MSM failing again to even call him a terrorist, overlooking and failing to report the connections. Nope, they are too busy calling anti-abortion folks the terrorists for the Dr. Tiller shooting.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth