Welcome to the latest edition of the Watcher's Council nominations, a some of the best writing from a group of most incisive blogs in the`sphere. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one of their own and one from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The Council votes to pick the winners in each category and the results can be seen in this space on Friday morning.
Hey everybody, Christmas is just around the corner!
I make no excuses...this is simply my favorite time of year. Perhaps it's because I was a winter baby born in January but my energy level,my intuition, my creativity and yes, my enjoyment of life get amped up right around the Solstice of December 21st. I can feel myself getting rejuvenated by the colder temperatures and the winter skies.
Since I don't celebrate Christmas and never did even as a child, I have no poignant family memories associated with the holiday. But what I most love, aside from what the season does to me it what it does to other people.
For a brief time, many people seem to not sweat the small stuff, to go out of their way to treat even strangers with that extra bit of courtesy and warmth that reminds us we're all human. Mystical things happen.
Perhaps that's a sort of unconscious remembrance of a young couple with a child on the way who had problems finding a hotel room during the holiday rush and ended up having to bed down in a manger. But in the end, things seem to have worked out.
Wherever and whomever you are, take a breath, ditch your worries for awhile, enjoy life (trust me, they'll either have worked themselves out and be gone or be waiting for you patiently when you get back) and let the magic spread over you. It will do you good.
Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.
Rob @ Joshuapundit
No one took advantage of our generous link whorage offer this week, so there are no honorable mentions. But if you wish to have your blog earn an honorable mention and have a piece of yours appear on the Watcher's Council page next week, the opportunity is open and up for grabs.
Here's how you do it:
- Make a post on your site linking to this week's Council winners when they're posted Friday morning.
- Send me an e-mail by Tuesday 5 PM with the subject line 'link whorage' at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the post you wrote linking to this week's winners and a link to a new piece you've written and want to showcase that you want to appear here the following week.
- We''ll do the rest, and the increased traffic and the resulting fame and notoriety are all yours!
So, without further ado let's see what we have this week....
- Joshuapundit - Jimmy Carter Apologizes To Jews !!##!?!
- American Digest - What's Bad For America Is Good For The Obama Gang
- Right Truth - Hundreds of British schoolgirls facing genital mutilation
- Wolf Howling - The Democrats' Assault On Deliberative Democracy
- Bookworm Room- The Communist Cat is out of the Climate Change Bag
- Rhymes With Right - A Proper Response?
- Soccer Dad - Iran' Cats Paw
- The Colossus of Rhodey - Just don't call it a "hate crime" part 4
- The Razor - Democrats Democrats Gripping the Disemboweling Knife
- Mere Rhetoric - Copenhagen's A Battle To Humble And "Redefine Humanity," Get Rid Of "Passion" And "Heroism"
- The Glittering Eye - The Healthcare Reform House of Cards
- The Provocateur - How Dr. Anna Chacko Played Congressman Brad Miller
- Submitted By:The Watcher– Big Government - Build-A-Climate Scare: Why You Should Boycott Build-A-Bear
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – To Which I Replied 40 Reasons To Ban Guns
- Submitted By: American Digest– The Doctor is In - Our Gnostic Masters
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Totus - ATTACK: Washington D.C. Nuked
- Submitted By: Wolf Howling – Michael Yon - Arghandab & The Battle for Kandahar
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Maggie's Farm - Cause for Hope for the Next Generation of Politics
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Chronicle of Higher Education - Matching Teaching Style to Learning Style May Not Help Students
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Gay Patriot - Will Obamacare Passage Lead to Inverse Cloward-Piven?
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – In Context - Ban Champagne
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Wired - Learn to let go: How success killed Duke Nukem
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Rubin Reports - The Palestinian Authority Sets its New Strategy: Tempts Obama Administration with Instant Peace if it Pressures Israel
- Submitted By: The Razor – Carnaby Fudge Journal - Thank You Grandpa
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Reason - The State's Failed Experiments