Monday, April 12, 2010

Maureen Dowd Is Seriously, Seriously Confused

MoDo is at it again...now she's comparing the way Saudi women are treated with the way Catholic women are treated, and using it as a platform to bash the Church:

How could such spirited women [Saudi females], smart and successful on every other level, acquiesce in their own subordination?

I was puzzling over that one when it hit me: As a Catholic woman, I was doing the same thing.

I, too, belonged to an inbred and wealthy men’s club cloistered behind walls and disdaining modernity.

I, too, remained part of an autocratic society that repressed women and ignored their progress in the secular world.


Whew!

Doug Ross gives us an excellent parsing of how stoo-pid, whiny and self-absorbed MoDo is being:

Gee, Maureen, conflating your own petty misery with this:



That's a woman receiving lashes for alleged adultery.

Read it all.








please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MoDo like all those on the extreme left are seriously mentally ill. What else could be the reason for their equation of the Catholic Church to Saudi gender apartheid.