Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A 1958 Song For The Age Of Obama...



That would be Jerry Reed's "You make it, They take it"

Income tax man’s a-knockin’ at my door
And yellin’ money, money (money-money-money)
Income tax man’s a-yellin’ for some more
Money, money (money-money-money)

[Chorus]
‘Cause when you make it they take it (money-money-money)
You make it they take it (money-money-money)
You make it they ta-a-a-ke it, they take it (money-money-money)
You make it they take it (money-money-money)
You make it they take it (money-money-money)

I was so happy just the other day
The boss man he give me a raise in my pay
But the income tax man come and a took his part
And I didn’t have no more than I did from the start
So, I worked like a slave the whole day long
Tryin’ to make enough to keep a-livin’ on
But I found that I’m lucky if I make a cent
After tax comes out for the government

[Chorus]

Years went by and my hair turned grey
I knew it wasn’t long before this boy passed away
So, I went to the cemetery, bought me a lot
And I had to pay tax on the lot I got
Now, to me that’s ashame and a sad disgrace
That a man ‘ll pay tax on his resting place
‘Cause you don’t live but once, so I don’t see why
You gotta pay tax before you lay down and die


Courtesy of Michigan Redneck, the Rockabilly Queen

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the linkage! I will make a note to stop by your blog and take a better looksee sometime. Thanks for being a great patriot!

Freedom Fighter said...

You're more than welcome anytime..And I'll do likewise.

Regards,
Rob