Friday, June 01, 2012

Obama Apologizes To Poland



President Obama finally decided to man up and apologize to the Polish people for his insultingly ignorant gaffe Wednesday:

President Obama has penned a letter of apology expressing "regret" over using the phrase "Polish death camps" in a ceremony earlier this week, which has drawn heavy criticism from Polish officials.

"In referring to 'a Polish death camp' rather than 'a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland,' I inadvertently used a phrase that has caused many Poles anguish over the years and that Poland has rightly campaigned to eliminate from public discourse around the world," Obama wrote in a letter released by the Polish government. "I regret the error and agree that this moment is an opportunity to ensure that this and future generations know the truth."


My sources, including one at the local Polish Consulate told me that they were swamped with calls and e-mails of support from Americans who like me, were appalled at President Obama's ignorant remark and his attempt to sluff it off. I wouldn't be surprised if the White House received a lot of feedback on this as well.

Of course, I can only speculate whether the way this polled ( and in an election year, no less) had anything to do with President Obama's about face. But I commend him for doing the decent thing, for once.

You don't blame a rape victim for what happened when she was helpless.

1 comment:

Fabian Pascal said...

"In referring to 'a Polish death camp' rather than 'a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland,"

Probably written by some incompetent in his staff.

Just like I thought.

Obama must be forced to apologize to Poland, but does it freely to Islamic/Arab regimes.