The Council has spoken, the votes are in , and the results are here for this week's Watcher's Council match up.
As the Obama Administration's fairy tale on what happened in Libya and throughout the Muslim world continues to unravel even the normally complicit media seems to be shocked at how amateurish, appeasement minded and incompetent the regime actually is.
This week's winner, Joshuapundit's Shoot The Messenger - US State Dept Blasts CNN For Revealing Its Misrepresentations On Libya Attack examines what amounted to a fistfight between CNN and the Obama State Department over information that revealed exactly how deep the security breech was that led to the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya and how literally everything the American people were told by the Obama Administration about the nature of the attack , what caused it, and what actually happened to Ambassador Stevens was a deliberate falsehood. It isn't pretty...here's a slice:
The Obama State Department is outraged at CNN.
The State Department – in a harsh, detailed statement – is accusing CNN of an “indefensible” invasion of the privacy of Christopher Stevens, the late U.S. ambassador to Libya, after finding his seven-page journal in the consulate where he was killed. CNN fired back by saying that the State Department may be “attacking the messenger” because of “questions about why the State Department didn’t do more to protect Ambassador Stevens.”
So what was in the journal that made the State Department and the Obama Administration so angry?
Simply put,along with everything else we've managed to find out about the Libya attack, it reveals that almost everything we were told by the Obama Administration was an out and out lie designed to cover them for a major security breach and for almost willful negligence in the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans.
Let's start by reviewing what President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told the nation when the news of the Libya attack broke. We were told that the riots were 'spontaneous' and occurred because of an obscure video trailer on YouTube. We were told that the Libyan security guards fought the rioters but were overwhelmed, and that the Libyans later carried Ambassador Steven s to a hospital, where they were 'unable to revive him.'
The White House, even as the entire concocted story crumbled, stuck to this narrative at all costs for over a week, until September 19th when Matt Olsen, the Obama Administration's director of the National Counterterrorism Center finally admitted that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack. Even after that, the White House is still sticking to the 'spontaneous attack caused by the movie' nonsense
The attacks in Libya had nothing to do with any video. They were carefully planned to coincide with 9/11 and in revenge for the drone killing of al-Qaeda operative Abu Yahya al-Libi.
Here's what actually happened. As Ambassador Steven's journal revealed, he was concerned over the Islamist presence in Benghazi, what appeared to be a major security breech and the fact that his name had appeared on an al-Qaeda hit list, as CNN's Anderson Cooper reported.It's impossible to believe that a diplomat like Ambassador Stevens with his experience in this part of the world failed to communicate that to Washington.Proof that he likely did is that the Benghazi consulate was given a 'health check' prior to 9/11/12, as the Independent revealed in it's ground breaking story on the attacks a few days after they occurred.
As eyewitnesses reported to both the Independent and CBS News, in spite of what President Obama said, the Libyan guards simply ran away and offered no resistance to the rioters. There was no U.S. security contingent present.
Most of the 40-odd personnel were moved off to a supposed 'safe house' - one that the rioters and al-Qaeda knew all about. Ambassador Stevens got lost on the confusion somehow was not evacuated, and may have died of smoke asphyxiation. The Libyans did not 'take him to the hospital'. Instead as I surmised earlier, he was paraded through the streets in triumph. It has surfaced now that his body was sodomized by the mob and mutilated.
This is by no means uncommon or unknown in this culture. Just ask the Israelis.
In our non-Council category, the winner was the one and only Mark Steyn with Bowing To The Mob submitted by Joshuapundit.This is Steyn at the height of his brilliance, as outraged over what the current events in the Muslim world reveal as every American should be. My humble thanks to my pal Terresa at The Noisy Room for sending it my way.
Steyn's piece was by no means the only great Non-Council piece this week. All of the Council and Non-Council pieces will reward your attention, but in the Non-Council category this week I particularly enjoyed and would like to recommend Sultan Knish's Muslim Multiculturalism and Western Post-Nationalism submitted by The Noisy Room, Michael Totten's Terrorist Veto submitted by The Razor and Noahpinion's hilarious EconoTrolls: An Illustrated Bestiary submitted by The Glittering Eye.
OK, without further ado, here are this week's results. Only The Right Planet and Gay Patriot were unable to vote this week, but neither was subject to the usual mandatory 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! Joshuapundit – Shoot The Messenger - US State Dept Blasts CNN For Revealing Its Misrepresentations On Libya Attack
- Second place with 2 votes –Simply Jews- Lying again, Ms Clinton?
- Third place with 1 1/3 vote – Rhymes With Right-Where Obama Got It Wrong At The UN
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Mellow Jihadi- Kurds, Kurdish, and Kurdistan
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Noisy Room-Obama’s Hidden Bread Lines
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Right Planet-Keep It Classy … Top State Department Official Emails Reporter to Tell Him to ‘F**k Off’
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room-Proof that Obama has lost his love for the little country of Israel
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Boss Obama's alternate reality
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Gay Patriot –Legacy media attempting to demoralize Republican voters?
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel –Obama’s Tax Plan From the Depths of Hell Will Impoverish the Middle Class
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Test of Governance
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Razor – The Obama You Don't Know
- First place with 3 votes! – Mark Steyn- Bowing To The Mob submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Michael Totten –Terrorist Veto submitted by The Razor
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – The Texas Scribbler – Obama: the architect of American decline submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -Sultan Knish-Muslim Multiculturalism and Western Post-Nationalism submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes Big Lizards -Story Wars, Chapter Two submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place with 1 vote - Noahpinion –EconoTrolls: An Illustrated Bestiary submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote - Pruden And Politics –Why the media spin on Nov. 6 is wrong submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Yid With Lid –Obama Calls Israeli Concern Over Iran "Noise" to Be Ignored Ahmadinejad Agrees submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Gunmart Blog –Remember those “Racist” Stand Your Ground Laws? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -NRO –A Woman of Parts submitted by Bookworm Room
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote -Charles Cameron/Zenpundit – Of films, riots and hatred I: Benedict XVI in Lebanon submitted by The Watcher
See you next week! Make sure to tune in on Monday AM for this week's Watcher's Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and with short takes and weigh in...don't you dare miss it. And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.....'cause we're cool like that!