Need I even mention whom this week's contest is dedicated to?
Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Ask Marion, Maggie's Notebook, The Pirate's Cove and Tina Trent.Com took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have this week....
- The Noisy Room – NoKo-a-NoGo
- Joshuapundit-Appomattox: The Fire Is Quenched
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The Politics Behind DC's The Movement
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – War of Koreunification
- Simply Jews – Remembering Holocaust: the first British shots of WW II
- The Razor – A Phone Call Between Premier Li and President Obama
- Rhymes With Right – Harry Reid Threatens To Engage In "Unconstitutional Abuse Of Power"
- VA Right! - Gun Control: Exceptions for Rape, Incest and the Life (or Health) of the Gun Owner?
- The Right Planet – Subprime (Part Duh)
- The Glittering Eye -A Tale of Two Californias
- Bookworm Room – The fundamental unconstitutionalism of Obama's presidency
- Gay Patriot – Margaret Thatcher: Feminist Icon
- The Mellow Jihadi – Operation Up Dog The Political Commentator – Holocaust Remembrance Day 2013 - Hate redux!
- Ask Marion - Margaret Thatcher, The Iron Lady – Freedom Fighter and Icon Dies at 87
- Maggie's Notebook - Ft. Hood: Nidal Hasan Not a Terrorist – Meaning No Purple Heart for Dying or Wounded Hearing Allahu Akhbar
- The Pirate's Cove - Good News: Obama Energy Secretary Nominee Wants To Skyrocket Your Energy Costs
- Tina Trent.Com - Bringing Down America: An FBI Informer With the Weathermen, and a Plea to Police Witnesses
- Jack Kerwick/FrontPage Magazine –Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama's Words and Deeds submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sarah Palin – The Grocer's Daughter submitted by Joshuapundit
- Douglas Ernst – MSNBC's 'Political Playground' belongs in a 'Simpsons' Treehouse of Horrors special submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Compass/Alex Berezow – Will We Enter a Post-Democracy World? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Terry Glavin – "We will rid the world of the evil-doers," ten years after. submitted by Simply Jews
- Newsmax –Margaret Thatcher on Socialism submitted by The Razor
- Adventures of a Broken Soldier – Disabled Purple Heart veteran, embarassed at local business. submitted by Rhymes with Right
- TEA Party News Network – The 25 Margaret Thatcher Quotes that Crush Obama and the Left submitted by VA Right!
- Thomas Patrick Burke – The Origins of Social Justice: Taparelli d'Azeglio submitted by The Right Planet
- Roger Ebert's Journal – A Leave of Presence submitted by The Glittering Eye
- WSJ/Doug Feith-The Golf Shot Heard Round the Academic World submitted by Bookworm Room
- PowerLine -Gay son of congressman 'canceled' for refusing to serve as prop for Lefty talk show hosts submitted by Gay Patriot
- Susan Katz Keating –Who Lured Christopher Stevens to Benghazi, and How? "A Nightmare Come to Life" submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Michelle Malkin/NRO – No Tears for Lynne Stewart submitted by The Watcher
- Spengler/Asia Times – Coming 'crash' will end in a snooze submitted by Watcher
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!