Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence.
Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This is your weekly magazine of the best in opinion and commentary from around the web..everything you need to know to stay on top of things.
This week's contest is dedicated to Ray Manzarek...a wonderful musician and a sweet soul who finally broke on through to the other side.So long, Ray..RIP:
Council alumnus Trevor Loudon of New Zeal has a new book out entitled "The Enemies Within" that focuses on the real details of communists, socialists and radicals now in the US congress. If you've sampled Loudon's blog posts or his previous book, "Barack Obama And the Enemies Within" you know you're in for a great, meticulously sourced read.
"The Enemies Within" is due out August 20th,and you can pre-order here.
Up For Grabs - There is a vacancy currently available in the Watcher's Council. This is a very special group and a superb opportunity for a blogger to reach a wider audience and showcase their work. If you think you qualify and are interested in applying, leave a comment with a link to your site, your e-mail address (which will remain confidential) and any questions you might have as a comment on any article over at Joshuapundit.
This week, The Pirate's Cove, Right Truth, Maggie's Notebook and SooperMexican took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great pieces.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have this week....
- The Noisy Room – Iran Deploys Long-Range Missile Launchers - The Hawk is Set to Take Flight
- Joshuapundit-Midnight In Benghazi - What Really Happened
- The Political Commentator – Divorce decree for the United States of America!
- The Right Planet – How the Liberal Media Would Report #Benghazi If George Bush Were President
- Simply Jews – Do you need your medicine urgently? Wait till Minister Yael German stops celebrating language accessibility.
- The Razor – Electronic Health Records: The $6 Billion Cure For Bad Penmanship
- Bookworm Room – Sweden fiddles while Stockholm burns
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Entitlement
- VA Right! - Can We Just Let the Syrians and Allah Sort This Out Themselves?
- The Glittering Eye -Memorial Day 2013
- The Mellow Jihadi – Conversations I Almost Had Today
- Rhymes With Right – IRS Official To Take Fifth Amendment Regarding Performance Of Her Job
- Gay Patriot – Thoughts on the Boy Scouts & gays
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Sino Spookery Down Under
- Right Truth - Grinding up fetus parts in garbage disposal gets you ... probation
- Maggie's Notebook - Pickering, Mullen Refuse to Testify on Benghazi? Issa: Hillary Not a Target!
- SooperMexican - Mexclusive!! IRS Releases New Simplified Tax Form 1040 TEA-EZ for Tea Party Taxpayers!!
- The Pirate's Cove - Did Holder Commit Perjury?
- Sultan Knish –The Warrior's Tale submitted by The Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – To The Slaughter submitted by Joshuapundit
- FrontPage Magazine -A Memorial Day for Islamic Terror submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Weekly Standard – Progressives With Bombs submitted by The Right Planet
- The Passing Parade – The tenacity of Democrats, or yogurting for fun and profit submitted by Simply Jews
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion/David Gerstman –Thomas Friedman on Obamacare: Its gonna be a bright bright bright bright sun shiny day submitted by The Razor
- PJ Media/Zombie-Karl Marx Was A Tea Partier submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Weekly Standard – Beyond the Pale submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- PJ Tatler – PJ Tatler Report: 20% of Ohio’s Registered Voters are Bogus submitted by VA Right!
- James Taranto/WSJ – See You in the Funny Papers submitted by The Glittering Eye
- CoffeyPot –My Memorial Day Feelings submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- NRO/Andrew Stiles – IRS Scandal: E-mails Suggest Findings of IG Report Delayed Until After 2012 Election submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Commentary Contentions -Our Ambivalent Commander-in-Chief submitted by Gay Patriot
- Douglas Murray/WSJ – The London Terror Attack Was More Than 'Unforgivable' submitted by The Watcher
- PJ O'Rourke – Stupid submitted by Watcher
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!