Hugo Chavez, Rouhani, Mahmoud Abbas, Mohammed Morsi, Manuel Zelaya of Honduras and now Raul Castro...the list goes on. You have to wonder about our president's fetish for dictators, especially Marxist and Islamic ones.
Perhaps it's a case of sympatico and similar outlooks.After all, like does attract like.
Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Ask Marion and The Pirate's Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have this week....
- Liberty's Spirit – Apparently Antisemitism Doesn't Exist in Europe Anymore
- The Political Commentator – The federal government WILL shut down January 15, 2014!
- The Noisy Room – About One of My Articles and Allen West
- Joshuapundit-The Mixed Legacy Of Nelson Mandela
- The Colossus of Rhodey – A waste of time and money
- Simply Jews – Yousef Munayyer, Open Zion and Nelson Mandela
- The Mellow Jihadi – Kayne West, Special Forces rapper..
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Containment
- Nice Deb – Legal Expert At Todays Judiciary Hearing: The Check on Executive lawlessness is Impeachment (Video)
- Bookworm Room – Pope Franciss Marxist economic analysis reflects the Left's long march through the Catholic Church
- VA Right! - Calibrating the Extremist Meter
- The Glittering Eye -What Should We Remember About December 7th?
- Rhymes With Right – One Of Those Times I Agree With The Teacher, Not The Student
- The Razor – RIP Nelson Mandela
- The Right Planet – Is the President a Malignant Narcissist?
- Ask Marion - RNC Chairman Says Hillary 2016 Candidacy is Set… And Female Presidency Will be the Carrot
- The Pirate's Cove - Know What’s Perfect For Christmas? Carbon Offsets
- Kimberley A, Strassel, WSJ – Schumer's Iran Moment submitted by Liberty's Spirit
- Mises Institute -The State Causes the Poverty It Later Claims to Solve submitted by The Political Commentator
- Victor Davis Hanson/NRO – The World’s New Outlaws submitted by The Noisy Room
- Babalu Blog – Gone is Fidel’s greatest admirer. submitted by Joshuapundit
- The First Street Journal – Progressive populists and other peoples money submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Alan Johnson – The slaughter and torture of Christians: not a priority for the Government, Labour or DfID submitted by Simply Jews
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion –Killer of British soldier Lee Rigby: I am a soldier and this is war submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Proceedings – A Few Disruptive Thoughts on Unmanned Systems submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO -Impeachment Lessons submitted by Nice Deb
- Ace of Spades -Almost Three Quarters of All US Military Deaths in Afghanistan Have Occurred During The Presidency of Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Obama submitted by Bookworm Room
- Tea Party News Network – Chris Matthews Panics About 2014: ‘The Tea Party is Still Growing!’ submitted by VA Right!
- Brad DeLong/The Equitablog – "Is Growth Getting Harder? If so, Why, and What Can We Do About It?: The Honest Broker for the Week of December 1, 2013 submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Other McCain – Were Vassar Students Who Perpetrated Hate Hoax Linked to Another Injustice? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Daily Beast - Husain Haqqani –Pakistans Change of Guard and General Ashfaq Kayani's Legacy submitted by The Razor
- Seymour M. Hersh – Who's Sarin? submitted by The Right Planet
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Has Taken To Robbing Banks submitted by The Watcher
- Bill Whittle – I can't Believe They Let You Do That! submitted by Watcher
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!