Indeed. One of the most ludicrous quotes out there about this situation came from Secretary of State John Kerry, slamming the Hamas response to the Egyptian brokered ceasefire attempt:
"I cannot condemn strongly enough the actions of Hamas in so brazenly firing rockets in multiple numbers in the face of a goodwill effort to offer a ceasefire, in which Egypt and Israel worked together, that the international community strongly supports."
Kerry said that Hamas is "purposely playing politics" by continuing the rocket fire, using innocents as "human shields... against the laws of war."
"And that is why they are a terrorist organization," Kerry added.
So, why are you and President Obama still funding them, Mr. Secretary? And why do you want so badly to give a terrorist organization a state?
Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
*Nice Deb's Debra Heine scored with Holder DOJ Finally Finds A Scandal Worth Investigating - An Anti-Obama Parade Float at Breitbart.
*Yours Truly at Joshuapundit published two pieces over at the Times Of Israel, one pre ceasefire, A Ceasefire In Gaza? A Huge Mistake and one post ceasefire, The Ceasefire That Never Was Ends As Hamas Bombards Israel With Rockets
This week, Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion , Blazing Cat Fur and The Pirate's Cove earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- The Noisy Room – The Office Of Refugee Resettlement – Facilitators For A ‘Manufactured Human Crisis’
- Simply Jews – Israel vs Gaza: and the judgement is...
- The Independent Sentinel – Tin-pot Dictators: No, We Won’t Stop Illegal Invasion Of U.S.
- Joshuapundit-Israel's New Challenge: Defeating The Third Intifada
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Thoughts From Our Nation's Capitol
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Prokhorovka!
- The Right Planet – Flashback: The Seven Phases of The Base [Al-Qaeda]
- Bookworm Room – Muslim impatience leads a fed-up world to express surprising support for Israel
- VA Right! - Israel MUST Pound Hamas With Relentless Barrages
- Rhymes With Right – Let's Note Who The Obama Administration Supports Religious Freedom For -- And Who It Does Not
- Nice Deb – The Bear Is Loose Through Crises and Scandals That Would Destroy Any Other Presidency
- The Razor – Bubble? What Bubble? This Bubble – CYNK
- The Glittering Eye -Problem And Solution
- Ask Marion – Immigration… From an Immigrants Perspective
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion - Hamas rejects Egyptian ceasefire proposal, keeps firing rockets at Israeli cities
- Blazing Cat Fur - In Syria’s Aleppo, children swim in bomb craters
- The Pirate's Cove - Leaked Report Shows Border Surge Not Really Due To Violence
- Sarah Palin/FOX News –The case for Obama’s impeachment: The Constitution’s remedy for a lawless, imperial president
submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Warped Mirror – #HitlerWasRight for Palestine submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish –A Game Changer In Gaza submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- David P. Goldman/Tablet – Between the Settlers and the Unsettlers, the One-State Solution Is on Our Doorstep submitted by Joshuapundit
- Douglas Ernst – Feminist ‘clump of cells’ who works at Burger King forgets that we’re ‘all the same inside’ submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Commentary – Israel and Its Arabs: Rockets, Riots, and the Dream of Coexistence submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Stratfor – Iraq: Examining the Professed Caliphate submitted by The Right Planet
- David Harris/The World Post-Hamas Versus Israel: The Case for Moral Clarity submitted by Bookworm Room
- Doug Ross – STUNNING: UN and Obama rebuke Israel for self-defense, fail to note details like rockets and terrorism submitted by VA Right!
- RedState – The Christian Thing To Do submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Noah Rothman/Hot Air - The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse submitted by Nice Deb
- Zero Hedge –Santelli Goes Berserk submitted by The Razor
- Zero Hedge – Did China Just Crush The US Housing Market? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Rush Limbaugh -This is Obama's War on the Suburbs submitted by Ask Marion
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – How to Think about Immigration submitted by The Watcher
- Katie Pavlich/New York Post – Liberal Hollywood's War On Women submitted by Watcher
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!