Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
The Noisy Room's Terresa Monroe-Hamilton is now affiliated with a new group, the Stop Qatar Now Coalition along with a number of other journalists, national security experts, publishers, and independent researchers. I urge you to drop by, read their report on what amounts to a narco-terrorist enabler and find out what this is all about.
Virginia Right's Tom White continues to be a major source when it comes to Virginia Politics. This week, he was cited by a local CBS affiliate WTVR in a report on a controversial video being shown to local schoolchildren that essentially blames 9/11 on America..his fine piece this week this week goes into further details.
This week, TheMidKnight Review, The Prate's Cove and The Elder Of Ziyon earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- The Noisy Room – Bloody Jihad Comes To Oklahoma
- The Independent Sentinel – Mexican Woman Sues to Strike Down US Immigration Law
- Joshuapundit-Obama Soils Himself At The UN With Weakness, Appeasement And Israel Bashing
- Simply Jews – Idle thoughts on Scottish independence and whether it's good for the Jews (of course)
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Jihad By The Book
- The Razor – Pill Heads in the Waiting Room
- Nice Deb – Jonathan Karl And Josh Earnest Spar Over Obama’s JayVee Comment: “He Clearly Was Talking About ISIL”
- Bookworm Room – Is it time to dig out the bullets packed in pig grease? (And let's identify the real Islamophobes.) *UPDATED*
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Will School 'Heckler's Veto' Ruling Get Shot Down by the SCOTUS?
- The Glittering Eye -Care
- Rhymes With Right – Speaking Of Racist White Democrats
- VA Right! - Hanover Schools Teaching Students to Blame America for 9/11 With Classroom Video
- The Right Planet – What’s a Khorasan?
- Ask Marion – William Deresiewicz on the Disadvantages of an Elite Education
- The MidKnight Review - First beheading in the US because of a newly converted Muslim?
- The Pirate's Cove - How Often Has Obama Missed His Daily Presidential Briefing?
- The Elder of Ziyon - Arabs terrorize Jewish kids next to Mount of Olives (video)
- Mark Steyn –Winning Heads And Minds submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish –It's time to kick ISIS members out of here submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Weekly Standard – Allah And Woman At Yale submitted by Joshuapundit
- Mick Hartley – Just Happen To Be Muslim submitted by Simply Jews
- Joel Kotkin/Orange County Register – Choosing fortune over freedom submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- National Journal –Obama's Pass-The-Buck Presidency submitted by The Razor
- Camille Paglia -The Modern Campus Cannot Comprehend Evil submitted by Nice Deb
- National Review/ Matt Continetti-Journalists for Hillary Clinton submitted by Bookworm Room
- Douglas Ernst – Neil DeGrasse Tyson gets caught lying by The Federalist; disciples at Wikipedia go full-Orwell submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- JustOneMinute – Border Security Begins (Or Ends) At Home submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Outside The Beltway – Ben Carson: ‘Strong Likelihood’ I’ll Run For President submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Media Research Center – Over 300,000 Face Deadline to Prove Eligibility for ObamaCare Subsidies; Nets Omit submitted by VA Right!
- The Federalist – Neil DeGrasse Tyson and the Science of Smug Condescension submitted by The Right Planet
- Amity Shlaes/NRO – Progressives Enthroned submitted by The Watcher
- Dennis Prager/Townhall – What The Arab World Produces submitted by The Watcher