Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Today marks the debut of bloggeress extraordinaire Maggie's Notebook on the Council. She needs no introduction to those of you familiar with her site, and for those of you whom aren't, you have a real treat in store, trust me on that. Be sure to read her debut piece this week and check out her site.
This week, The Pirate's Cove, ,Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion and Gates Of Vienna earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- The Noisy Room – Biden Gets The Commie Vote
- The Razor – Unicorn Roadkill – When Renewable Energy Activists Meet Physics
- Maggie's Notebook – Common Core: Jeb Forgets What It Is – Repaying Education Debt, The Proof
- Don Surber – Republicans did not learn from 1992
- The Right Planet – Today's Prog-ism
- Puma By Design – Street Violence around Annual West Indian Day Parade
- Joshuapundit-The Tale Of The Swine
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – AWOL Arab League
- Bookworm Room – A few thoughts about the dangerous influx of Muslim “refugees” into Europe
- VA Right! - I’m Heartbroken. RINO Bill Bolling UNFRIENDED Me on Facebook
- Nice Deb – WH ‘Actively Considering’ Resettlement of Syrian Refugees
- The Glittering Eye -Coping With a Mad Tea Party
- The Independent Sentinel – Fake Republican Colin Powell Gives an Outrageous Performance on Meet the Press
- The Pirate's Cove - It’s Labor Day, So, It Must Be Time To Talk About Climate Change
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion - Democrats, do you feel lucky (about the Iran deal)?
- Gates Of Vienna - One Country, Two Worlds
- Robert Spencer –The Hijrah Into Europe submitted by The Noisy Room
- Rudy Giuliani –De Blasio’s progressivism created city’s homeless crisis submitted by The Razor
- James Rosen/NRO –Buckley, Vidal, and the Long, Hot Summer of '68 submitted by Maggie's Notebook
- Rush Limbaugh – Pop Quiz Won't Hurt Trump submitted by Don Surber
- American Thinker – Modern Day Slavery in Vietnam and Malaysia submitted by The Right Planet
- KVOA News –N4T Investigators: U.S. trying to keep Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal out of slain agent's trial submitted by Puma By Design
- Sarah Palin/IJR – What The President Didn't See From Alaska submitted by Joshuapundit
- conservative Treehouse – An Open Letter To Jonah Goldberg re: The GOP And Donald Trump submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- David P, Goldman/Asia Times-The Price of Europe's Fecklessness submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ace Of Spades HQ – Hillary Clinton on Hiding Her Emails From Everyone Except Foreign Intelligence Services: What Can I Say, People, Except M'Bad submitted by VA Right!
- Patrick Poole/PJ Media -VIDEO: Former Al-Qaeda Leader Says Obama-Aligned Muslim Brotherhood ‘Is One of the Most Dangerous Organizations’ submitted by Nice Deb
- The Righteous Mind – Where microaggressions really come from: A sociological account submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Victor Davis Hanson/NRO–Is The West Dead Yet? submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Breitbart – Leon Panetta: "The Iran deal Is Bad, Pass It And Prepare For War" submitted by The Watcher
- Matt Continetti/Free Beacon – An Anti-American White House submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!And don't forget to tune in Friday for the results!