The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week's Watcher's Council match up.
"But those that tell lies, that seek my soul to destroy it,they shall go into the nethermost parts of the earth; they shall fall by the sword; they shall be a portion for foxes" - Psalm 63
"Obama's got something against Israel" - Rush Limbaugh, June 8th, 2009
"Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are." - Miguel Cervantes, Spanish writer.
This week's winning essay by a nose,Joshuapundit's Is Obama An Anti-Semite?
was sparked by a disgustingly servile interview with the very Left leaning Jewish magazine Forward, in which he whined about people calling him an anti-Semite, especially over the language he used to characterize Jewish opponents of his Iran deal. Since the Foward wouldn't address that question (or pretty much anything else) seriously, I thought perhaps someone should. Here's a slice:
President Barack Obama had something to say about that in a servile interview with the Leftist Jewish magazine Forward:
President Obama challenged critics who suggested that he was anti-Semitic as he continues to promote his nuclear deal with Iran, ignoring Israeli leaders who are expressing concerns about it.
“There’s not a smidgen of evidence for it, other than the fact that there have been times where I’ve disagreed with a particular Israeli government’s position on a particular issue,” Obama said in an interview with Forward.com when asked how he felt about the accusation.
Of course, one shouldn't expect the Forward to do much in the way of a real interview with this president. To show how hilarious the whole thing was, after allowing President Obama to repeat his usual talking points about how wonderful the Iran deal is, they finished up with this idiocy:
Q: Thank you. One last question. One of my daughters wants to know, what’s your favorite bagel flavor?
THE PRESIDENT: I was always a big poppy seed guy.
Q: Poppy seed.
THE PRESIDENT: So the poppy seed bagels at H&H Bagels — which somebody told me they closed —
BEN RHODES: They closed.
Q: It’s closed, yes.
THE PRESIDENT: Which is shocking.
MR. RHODES: My school was a block from H&H bagels.
THE PRESIDENT: I mean, I would walk down from —
MR. RHODES: Columbia.
THE PRESIDENT: — Columbia just to get H&H bagels on Saturdays or on the weekends.
Q: And what do you like on a poppy seed?
THE PRESIDENT: Just a schmear.
Q: Just a schmear.
THE PRESIDENT: Lox and capers okay, but generally just your basic schmear.
Yes, one of those tough, hard hitting interviews.Notice how he had to be prompted on Columbia University by his director of strategic communications Ben Rhodes, who apparently sat in on this?
But let's address the question seriously, shall we? The first thing that caught my eye was the president's language about there not being a smidgen of evidence that he was anti-semitic or anti-Israel. Now where did we hear that before?
Oh, now I remember! It was back when this president told us that there wasn't a smidgen of corruption in the IRS after allegations that the IRS targeted the president's political enemies or conservative groups. Oddly enough, one of them, Z-Street is a pro-Israel organization run by a friend of mine, Lori Lowenthal Marcus, a Pennsylvania lawyer.
They won a suit against the Obama IRS last year for exactly this kind of targeting. And Z Street was by no means the only one targeted. Admittedly, we have, shall we say, a less than effective Republican leadership and caucus, so this never got pursued to its logical end. But there was obviously more than a smidgen of corruption based on what we now know and how the White House chose to stonewall things.
So, when this president talks about a smidgen of anything, what should we assume that means?
Since we can't know what's in Barack Obama's heart and he's not exactly the most truthful of men, let's examine this in another way and see if we can get a clue.
Suppose, hypothetically, a public figure is accused of racism against blacks, which he of course denies.
So you look into his background. And you find that from his earliest days, his closest associates have been people like Tom Metzger, Willis Carto, David Duke, Sam Bowers,Bill Church, Larry Payne, Stormfront's Don Black and Chloê Hardi and Bo Gritz.
Let's say that his pastor whom he described as his 'spiritual mentor' was Thomas Robb and his church for two decades was Robb's Christian Revival Center.
Let's further assume that this man was our president, that his administration includes a number of people with questionable views on Africa and on American blacks, and that his administration has policies toward African nations that appear to be hostile.
In fact, let's imagine that Black and Hardi are regular visitors to the White House and help in determining political strategy. And that this president is clever enough to have a number of self-serving blacks in his employ or in a bogus 'civil rights' organization he created as a cover for any accusations of racism.
I think many people might describe this politician as a racist, or at the very least someone with racist tendencies. After all, if you hang with those folks, there's obviously an affinity, no?
Let's examine President Barack Obama with that same criteria. The comparison isn't totally workable, since racism against blacks is socially unacceptable in much of the world, not well organized and hardly funded while anti-semitism, sometimes disguised as 'anti-Zionism' is well organized, socially chic and thriving, but let's try and see what we can do
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was music legend Charlie Daniels with Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to Congress: 'You've Betrayed Your Country' submitted by Joshuapundit
I wa struck by this the minute I saw it. I think you will be too because it catches the mood of much of America right now perfectly.
Here are this week’s full results:
- *First place with 3 votes!-Joshuapundit-Is Obama An Anti-Semite?
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes –The Right Planet – Collective Man: A Socialist Primer
- Third place with 2 votes –The Noisy Room – Civil Disobedience – Defying The Powers-That-Be For Your Christian Beliefs
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes –Nice Deb – Flashback: Farrakhan Said “Stalk Them and Kill Them”
- Fifth place with 1 vote–Don Surber – Let Trump write the immigration platform
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –VA Right! - People Who Don’t ‘Get’ Trump Don’t Understand New Yorkers
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Independent Sentinel – Wait Until You See What the Department of Education Is Going to Do to Us
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Bookworm Room – Why didn’t the Haas business school at Berkeley just ask me about electric car subsidies?
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Puma By Design – Gay Mafia Pissed at de Blasio’s Role in Raid of Gay Prostitution Website
- First place with 2 votes! –Charlie Daniels/CNS News – Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to Congress: 'You've Betrayed Your Country' submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Sean Davis/The Federalist – BREAKING: Hillary Intentionally Originated And Distributed Highly Classified Information submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -Peggy Noonan/WSJ – America Is So In Play submitted by The Watcher
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Victor Davis Hanson – How Illegal Immigration Finally Turned Off the Public submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Reason.com –Europe's Restrictive Gun Laws Disarm Victims, Not Terrorists submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Michelle Obama's Mirror –I Find This Whole Pronoun Affair Disgusting submitted by The Noisy Room
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –FrontPageMag –The Racist Cult Of Black Fragility submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes - W. McCants/Brookings Institute –The Life of ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes -Conservative Treehouse –Rush Limbaugh Recognizes The GOPe Splitter Strategy… submitted by Puma By Design
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes -Intellectual Conservative – Bernie Sanders, Alexis De Tocqueville, and Hayek's warning submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes -Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – Why Walmart Is Reducing Worker Hours, After Raising the Minimum Wage — and Other Lessons in Reality
submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote -Reason.com –Plastic Bags Are Good For You submitted by The Razor
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks' nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher's Council content.
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that, y'know?