(Graphics by Rick McKee)
Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Bookworm scored big this week. She was cited and linked once by the one and only Mark Steyn and once on talk radio star Mark Levin's website, thus proving the intelligence and good taste these gentlemen possess. Council Akbar!
This week, The Pirate's Cove, Powerline, The People's Cube and Blazing Cat Fur earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- Maggie's Notebook – Millenials Love the Old White Guy, Bernie Sanders. A Thanksgiving Lesson
- Fausta's Blog – Argentina: Macri wins
- Joshuapundit-'Reform The Press?' Someone's Really Missing The Point
- The Right Planet – This Video Represents Everything Wrong with the West …
- The Razor – Booking Flights
- The Glittering Eye -What Should We Do About DAESH and Why?
- Bookworm Room – The Wall Street Journal’s hatchet job on Ted Cruz
- VA Right! - The Final Thanksgiving
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Cooking With ISIL
- The Independent Sentinel – Media Boasts of Hugely Successful Gun Buyback in Greensboro
- The Noisy Room – Video:Judge Jeanine Rips Obama Over Refugee Talk: ‘Be Honest For Once’
- Nice Deb – Ralph Peters Is Worried About Obama:
‘ We’re in Even Deeper Trouble Than I Thought’
- Puma By Design – Trump Is Right: CNN Reported on American Muslims Celebrating 9/11
- The Pirate's Cove - Say, Can We Avoid Climate Apocalypse?
- Powerline - Washington Post’s Fact Checker Doesn’t Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- The People's Cube - Toys 'R' Us offers child-bride wedding registry
- Blazing Cat Fur - Trouble in Paradise! ‘Daesh (ISIS) considers South Asians not man enough to fight’
- The Federalist –Ottawa Campus Bans Free Yoga Classes (for the Disabled) Over 'Cultural Appropriation' Complaints submitted by Maggie's Notebook
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama Has Just Begun submitted by Fausta's Blog
- Mark Steyn –Jersey Sure submitted by Joshuapundit
- Politico.EU – Molenbeek Broke My Heart submitted by The Right Planet
- Brendan O'Neill/Reason.com –How Feminist Attacks on Porn Enable Rapists submitted by The Razor
- Ron Fournier/The National Journal – Leaderless submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Iconoclast/New English Review-Bonjour Tristesse submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Investigative Project On Terrorism – Abbas Repeats Debunked Incitement Amid Ongoing Palestinian Murderssubmitted by VA Right!
- Andrew J. Bowen/National Interest – Turkey and Russia's New 'Air War'? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sultan Knish –Everything's Fine until the Bombs Go Off submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Michael Goodwin/NY POST -Obama’s inaction plants doubt he can keep America safe submitted by Nice Deb
- Michelle Malkin – Obama to Pentagon: Find an excuse for why I said ISIS was contained when it obviously wasn't submitted by The Watcher
- Thomas Lifeson/American Thinker – As Obamacare collapses, HHS says you need to bail out crony insurers submitted by The Watcher
- Ann Coulter –When The Third World Attacks submitted by The Watcher
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!And remember to tune in Friday for the results!