Yes, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose - the more things change, the more they stay the same.
It's unlikely, but recent events in Paris might just open some people's eyes when it comes to Israel and the Middle East. Kudos to Stephen Pastis, who tweeted this 2003 strip to the world yesterday with the message "It applies now as much as ever."
As Bob Marley once sang, who feels it knows it.
Welcome to the Watcher's Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the 'sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
We currently have a vacancy on the Watcher's Council. If you're interested in being considered for membership in the oldest, most established and most enjoyable blogging group in the 'sphere, please leave a comment (which won't be published) with your name, site name and e-mail in the comments section of any article at Joshuapundit.
This week, The Pirate's Cove, The PoliticalCommentator, Simply Jews and Benjamin Weingarten earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won't be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It's a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let's see what we have for you this week....
- The Right Planet – #MillionStudentMarch: Dictatorship of the Idiotariat
- The Noisy Room – Obama Has A Different Strategy… Bowing To Iran
- Joshuapundit-Why The West Is Doomed...
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Raqqa Roll!
- Maggie's Notebook – Ted Cruz on Heidi Cruz and Council on Foreign Relations: A Conservative Serves?
- Fausta's Blog – Colombia: FARC canvass military, demand congressional seats
- Bookworm Room – John Oliver’s potty mouth ravings reveal what’s wrong with the Left’s approach to Islamic jihad
- VA Right! - Your Huddled Masses Yearning for Jihad On the Dirty Boulevard
- Puma By Design – Mizzou Supporters, BLM Throw Tantrum After Paris Terror Attacks Grab Headlines (Graphic)
- The Glittering Eye -David Brooks and the Good Rules of Thumb
- The Razor – On Rome
- Nice Deb – Obama’s Delusional Happy Talk Keeps Crashing Into Reality
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Threatens US Intelligence and Military If They Don’t Tell Him What He Wants to Hear
- The Pirate's Cove - Mother Jones: Liberals Should Pretend They Care About Threat From Syrian Refugees
- The Political Commentator - The Mathematical Calculation For The End Of Western Civilization
- Simply Jews - John Kerry - he really is a moron, after all
- Benjamin Weingarten - Using the Term ‘Terrorist’ to Describe Jihadis Aids and Abets Their Cause.
- Claremont Independent – We Dissent submitted by The Right Planet
- Mark Steyn –The Barbarians Are Inside, And There Are No Gates submitted by The Noisy Room
- David Harsanyi – The Crisis Is Islam submitted by Joshuapundit
- Small Wars Journal – What is Article 5 of NATO's Founding Treaty? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Long War Journal –Long War Journal: Dozens of Afghan troops surrender to Taliban in Helmand submitted by Maggie's Notebook
- Michael Totten – France’s “Merciless” Response to ISIS is Anything But submitted by Fausta's Blog
- David Siegel/Medium-What I Learned about Climate Change : The Science is Not Settled submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sean Hannity – Watch: 'May Allah Exterminate You', Suspected Paris Mastermind Speaks submitted by VA Right!
- Dr. Majid Rafizadeh/Front Page Magazine –Iran Breaks the World Executions Record submitted by Puma By Design
- The Scholar's Stage – Vox Will Never Understand Islam… Or Any Religion, Really submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Rich Lowrey/New York Post –Paris Doesn't Need Your Hashtag 'Heroics' submitted by The Razor
- Mollie Hemingway/the Federalist -16 Of The Worst Ways To Respond To ISIS’ Paris Attack submitted by Nice Deb
- Sultan Knish –Why Islam is the Religion of War submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Cristina Lin/Times of Israel – West ignores, while China helps Mideast Christians submitted by The Watcher
- Bob Montgomery/United Patriots – The Campus As Re-Education Camp submitted by The Watcher (hat tip, Puma By Design)
Enjoy! And don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..'cause we're cool like that!And don't forget to tune in Friday for the results!