Friday, May 22, 2009

Watcher's Council Results, 5/22/09


The Council has spoken! A complete rundown of the voting tallies is here.

The winning entry in the Council category this week was my entry at JoshuaPundit, Land For Peace, American Style , in which I used some of the arguments and rhetoric used to sell Land for peace as a solution for Middle East peace in a somewhat different fashion. I particularly liked this one, and I'm honored and pleased that my fellow Council members did too. Thanks gang!

In second place was Wolf Howling with Candidate Obama versus President Obama In The War On Terror a masterful comparison of the two. I think Obama is channelling his old mentor Saul Alinsky and simply jettisoning anything and anybody he feels gets in the way of his power. And yes, that makes him especially dangerous.

Also getting votes were The Razor for The United States of California, The Glittering Eye with The Doomsday Industry , The Colossus of Rhodey with Another year comes to a close … , Soccer Dad with Two state confusion, The Provocateur for Honeymoon’s Over: Now Obama Faces Reality, and Right Truth for In the name of God

In the Non-Council category, the winner was Robert Averech at Seraphic Secret with The New-Old War Against the Jews

In second place, we had a tie between Sol Stern at the City Journal for Pedagogy of the Oppressor and Anne Bayefsky at National Review Online with Obama’s U.N. Mistake

As always, congratulations not only to the winners but to the participants.

3 comments:

Right Truth said...

I think this was one of the hardest times to vote, all the articles were so very good this week.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Hube said...

I actually was going to nominate this as my non-Council entry (via American Thinker) then I saw your name and I was like "Hmmmm... wait a sec!"

Congrats. Terrific article.

Freedom Fighter said...

Thanks so much to both of you!