Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Dem to Rape Survivor: " A Gun Wouldn’t Have Helped You"



At issue is a Colorado bill that would make all college campuses fair game for rape and murder - or to use the Left's euphemism, 'a gun free zone'.

Rape survivor Amanda Collins testified before the Colorado legislature against this in favor of changing the laws to allow concealed carry on campus, saying that had she had a firearm, she would not have gone through the horrific, life changing ordeal she endured while a student at the University of Nevada, a gun free zone.

She was grabbed from behind in a parking lot less than 300 yards from a campus police office, a gun was put to her head and she was warned to keep quiet while her assailant attacked her.

"He put a firearm to my temple," she recounted, "clocked off the safety, and told me not to say anything, before he raped me."

Apparently the University's gun free laws didn't deter James Biela not then or in his subsequent attacks on women. He's now on death row after the rape and murder of 19-year-old Brianna Dennison.

 Brianna Denison

"I know, having been the first victim, that Brianna Dennison would still be alive, had I been able to defend myself that night," Collins said.

Colorado Democrat State Senator Evie Hudak quickly went after her, citing statistics from a rabid anti-gun lobbying group and insisting a gun wouldn't have helped her:

I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experience in taekwondo, and yet because this individual was so large and was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get than from you and possibly use it against you …


Ms. Collins response was classic:

“Respectfully senator, you weren’t there,” Collins said before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday. “Had I been carrying concealed, he wouldn’t have known I had my weapon; and I was there. I know without a doubt in my mind at some point I would’ve been able to stop my attack by using my firearm.”

She also reminded the clueless Senator Hudak that her attacker was already armed...and as for this woman's  'statistics',  Dana Loesch provides some real ones.

Recently, we've seen Democrats suggest that women  should rely on whistles and call boxes , use a 'buddy system'  or judo or rely on their abilty to  urinate or vomit if they’re under attack from a rapist.

These people obviously feel that a dead woman who's been raped  and strangled with her own panty hose is far better and more politically correct than a woman who pulls out a gun and defends herself.

That's the real war on women...people on the Left like our president who enjoy protection at taxpayer expense but want women left defenseless.

We used to have a name for that kind of person where I grew up, and it wasn't at all complimentary.


No comments: