Thursday, November 01, 2012

Exit Poll: Vast Majority Of Absentee Ballots In Israel Cast For Romney

Apparently American Jews in Israel get it a lot more than Jews in America:


An exit poll of Americans who voted absentee in Israel finds Republican nominee Mitt Romney beating President Obama by a significant margin, 85 percent to 14 percent.


IVoteIsrael, a nonpartisan organization founded over the summer to encourage American absentee voting, conducted the poll among 1,572 of the approximately 80,000 people the organization registered to vote absentee. The survey has a margin of error of 2.5 percent.

Among those who said they were voting on “jobs and the economy,” Romney beat Obama 59 percent to 29 percent. Among those voting on Iran, the margin was even larger, 86 percent to 5 percent. Among those voting on Israel-related issues, such as Jerusalem and the peace process, Romney won 89 percent to 3.5 percent.

The organization estimates that the swing-state breakdown for absentee ballots cast in Israel includes 7,500 votes in Florida, 3,500 in Ohio, and 3,500 in Pennsylvania.

The exit poll showed that Romney won the Florida vote 85 percent to 15 percent and the Ohio vote 86 percent to 18 percent. No data was given for Pennsylvania.


I still say Barack Obama will only wind up with around 60% of the Jewish vote in the U.S.

We'll see...

1 comment:

Bourbon said...

I have Jewish friends supporting and voting for BamBam. I can't get my head around it. I need to ignore the political position of all my friends, or I won't have any...I just don't get it...