Friday, June 22, 2012

The President As Huckster



Aside from selling questionable designer fashion ware, the Obama campaign is now involved in yet another sleazy endeavor.

If a couple you know is getting married, they encourage people to donate the price of the gifts they would have given to the Obama campaign. I kid you not.

Just imagine how overjoyed a young couple is going to be after footing the bill for a wedding and then having Auntie or your best man say 'Hey, I donated $50 to Obama's campaign instead of cutting you a check. What, you're not happy?'

They're even encouraging couples on the campaign site to register, so that their friends and relatives will be steered towards being obligated to donate to Obama whether they support the president or not rather than putting in a little something in cash or gifts to help the new couple get started. Because you see, the president is...well, entitled to it. All of it. Just because he can.

This is how con men and cult leaders operate, because they feel they're owed everything you have regardless of what it is. It's also how another well known class of people operate, but I'll let you fill in that particular blank yourself.

Obama's senior adviser and factotum Valerie Jarret's daughter just got married, and I'm sure the gifts were plentiful, given the number of people who want to curry favor with someone like the president of the United States. I guarantee you those guests weren't encouraged to cut checks to Obama instead of gifts.

He simply has no shame, and no limits.


5 comments:

Bourbon said...

I was simply flabbergasted when I saw this. I'm speechless, breathless...the hubris. Just when you think he can't stoop any lower, he does. If I was asked to donate by a young couple, I think I may just have to skip their wedding all together. Or get them a toaster. What an absolute, low class, POS. I'm seeing fewer and fewer of his O bumper stickers here in the Democratic People's Republic of Portland...can November not come soon enough? Please just make it end...

Bourbon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dymphna said...

I didn't know about the 'designer' fashion items. Jeez, this campaign is bottomless T.A.C.K.Y.

When I happened upon the latest, which i called "Gimme Your Loot" (the Baron found a great old 'toon of Richie Rich for me), I thought of a possible lateral move Oboy could try: a new Friday executive order whereby those with 401k pensions would give him permission to dip into their accounts. In exchange, he'd promise to give in return a nice spot on the ice floe when the time comes with a blanket thrown in for a bonus. I suggested that any takers get the blanket promise in writing, though.

louielouie said...

my bet is there are going to be thousands, moist to contribute in this manner.

Bourbon said...

Just when I posted this comment, I see a family of 4 get into a car plastered with O bumper stickers. When I see those (usually a Prius) I just have to shake my head...