Monday, November 25, 2013

Geert Wilders: "Let us Raise a Flag of Truth and Liberation"

http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Geert-Wilders2.jpg

Geert Wilders is a Dutch politician, and the leader of the PVV (Partij voor de Vrijheid, Party for Freedom) in The Netherlands.Nine years ago, because of his criticisms of Islam and jihad in his home country, he was forced to essentially go into hiding and live under permanent guard. In honor of that occasion, He's started a new project, showcased by my friends over at Gates of Vienna. Here's a slice:

Nine years ago this month, in November 2004, policemen wearing bullet proof vests and carrying machine guns picked me up at my home and drove me to a safe place. This happened two days after the filmmaker and Islam-critic Theo van Gogh was murdered by an Islamic assassin in broad daylight on an Amsterdam street. The police brought me to safety because Islamic criminals had threatened to kill me, too. Because I, too, spoke the truth about Islam, the biggest threat to our freedom and our civilization.

Since that ominous date, nine years ago, I have been forced to live under constant police protection. I have lived in army barracks, prisons and safe houses. The threats continue to this day and have deprived me of my privacy and my freedom.

But I will continue to speak. The flag of Saudi Arabia proudly proclaims the Shahada or the Islamic declaration of faith: “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”


And Wilder's new project? Ah, you'll have to go here to find out.

1 comment:

Geoffrey Britain said...

Wow. That's throwing down the gauntlet!