Some of you may remember that I delinked and pretty much severed any connections with Charles at Little Green Footballs a while ago, as did a large chunk of the blogosphere.
I've never done that with anyone else before, but I simply don't like cowards who engage in character assassination, lies and innuendo for their own twisted purposes, especially when in every case, they've been the aggressors.
Lizard Boy actually wrote something on his own for a change, and he has a rant out this morning entitled "Why I Parted Ways With The Right" that deserves one last bit of the attention he so desperately craves, simply because it's an absolute hoot:
1. Support for fascists, both in America (see: Pat Buchanan, Robert Stacy McCain, etc.) and in Europe (see: Vlaams Belang, BNP, SIOE, Pat Buchanan, etc.)
2. Support for bigotry, hatred, and white supremacism (see: Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Robert Stacy McCain, Lew Rockwell, etc.)
3. Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general religious fanaticism (see: Operation Rescue, anti-abortion groups, James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Tony Perkins, the entire religious right, etc.)
4. Support for anti-science bad craziness (see: creationism, climate change denialism, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, James Inhofe, etc.)
5. Support for homophobic bigotry (see: Sarah Palin, Dobson, the entire religious right, etc.)
6. Support for anti-government lunacy (see: tea parties, militias, Fox News, Glenn Beck, etc.)
7. Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech (see: Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Birthers, creationists, climate deniers, etc.)
8. A right-wing blogosphere that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech (see: Hot Air, Free Republic, Ace of Spades, etc.)
9. Anti-Islamic bigotry that goes far beyond simply criticizing radical Islam, into support for fascism, violence, and genocide (see: Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, etc.)
10. Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies, into racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source) And much, much more. The American right wing has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff. I won’t be going over the cliff with them.
Simply astounding in its awesome revisionist hypocrisy.
You want to talk about fascism, Chuckie? You want to talk about banning people from your site who disagree with you on topics even as mundane as evolution or abortion or creationism or even link to people whom you've decided you disagree with? Or who even vote down or disagree with one of your comments? And talk about hate speech - accusing people of racism and 'white supremacist' ideas with innuendo and guilt by association that make even the Daily Kos diaries look good by comparison? And what about your anti-Christian bigotry, Lizard Boy?
Who the @#!k do you think you are? Does it hurt being up on that self-constructed cross, Chuckie?
Of course, as I've shared with you, the real story with Chuckie comes down to dollars.
While there was certainly a lot of rage and what he perceived as score settling in his mind, this was a calculated move by Chuckie. He offended so many people with his anti-Christian rants and vicious behavior that his traffic was down,and his advertising wasn't doing as well as it once did. So now he decided to look for some new sponsors on the Left, knowing that there's nothing the Angry Left an dthe dinosaur media loves to fund and pay attention to as much as a so-called 'conservative' who's Seen the Light. Lots more money in that. Lots more atention. Hey, Newsweek or Katie Couric might have him on! MeMeMeMeMe!!
Another clear sign of where Chuckie's mind is at is that the old Cox and Forkum designed logo featuring a jihadi and a moonbat Lefitst is gone now, replaced by a simple football. No sense offending his brand new demographic.
Charles may indeed get soe short term benefit, but when you turn mad dog on your allies the way he has, even they know you're not really to be trusted and you find yourself having to turn ever more outrageous tricks and become ever more obsequious in order to 'prove' your loyalty. That does things to your self-respect and happiness.
And also, Charles may have made the ultimate mistake of bad timing.
If I'm right, the Obama wave has crested and Americans have had a major bellyful of what seems to be their flirtation with radicalism every thirty years or so. As they regurgitate it, a certain Mr.Lizard may find himself getting shut out by his new friends as they compete for a much smaller audience. And the bridges he burned won't be available any more. People tend to hav elong memories when it comes to this stuff.
RS MCain, after he was smeared by Chuckie as a ra-aaa-aa-cist wrote that Chuckie would regret his behavior only once, but it would be for the rest of his life. Pretty prescient, says I.
For my part, I simply regret having to see someone I once admired become such an egotistical, craven asswipe.
UPDATE: Anti-Semite and Trig birther conspiracy nut Andrew Sullivan is absolutely thrilled..what a surprise.