Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elizabeth Warren Gets Taken In By Anti-Israel Fake Holocaust 'Victim'

 http://images.politico.com/global/2012/08/120806_elizabeth_warren_605_ap.jpg

Progressive icon and Leftist demagogue Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) was speaking at Tufts University in Massachusetts when she got played...and big time. At one point, taking questions, she picked Elizabeth Moseley, who threw Israel and Gaza into the mix. Here's a transcript of what went down:

Moseley: “Eva Moseley, I’m not a student, I’m not an alumnae, but was in faculty life. I was also a Holocaust refugee and I’m extremely concerned that Jews don’t do to another people what was done to them.”

Warren: “I think that’s fair.”

Moseley:"You recently said that you believe that Israel has the right to self-defense," the activist continued. "Do you also believe that the Palestinians have a right to self-defense?”

Warren:“Of course. And the answer is yes. The direction we ought to be moving is not toward more war. The direction we need to be moving, as I said, I believe we need to move to a two-state solution where both peoples can be secure and safe within their own borders. So, I’m there.”

At that point, one of Moseley's friends weighed in: “You specifically apologized for Israeli actions attacking schools and hospitals and you’re going on the congressional Israel trip which we all know is like AIPAC alignment, is what that is. So as a progressive, as someone who wanted you to come be a progressive, how can you say what you’re putting forward on Israel is progressive?”

Warren: “You know, look, you can do whatever characterization you want of it, but listen only to my words. I didn’t apologize for anyone. I made clear what my view is. I don’t want to see anyone kill more people.”

Then back to the scripted talking points...“You know, it’s – I think that peace favors both peoples and that’s what we really need,” Warren said, adding, “But I always want to be clear about this. The parties themselves are the ones that will have to negotiate this – it is not up to America to impose it.”

So let's analyze this a bit.

 

First of all, who's Eva Moseley? She is a retired Harvard clerical worker who is also a prominent BDS supporter and a member of the ultra far Left Cambridge Peace Commission who has made Israel-bashing her vocation. Eva Moseley is who the Commission goes to when they need an Israel basher for one of those 'as-a-Joo' moments.

Nor, by her own admission is she a Holocaust victim. She left Vienna with her parents for America in 1939, and as she said in this fan letter to Holocaust denier and Hezbollah fan Norman Finklestein, "I'm one of the lucky few who escaped and, because I was only six at the time of the Anschluss, escaped virtually all the trauma as well."

In spite of admitting having no connection with Judaism or the local Jewish community, Eva Moseley definitely knows how to use the accident of her birth to slime Israel. As she told her pals on the Peace Commission, "I can do my 'I escaped from Nazi Vienna and am unhappy with what Israel does' schtick, if you think that would help."

Next, let's see what she and her fellow Palestine groupie were able to manipulate Senator Warren into endorsing.

That 'Palestinian right of self defense' is well established code for terrorist attacks against Israel's civilians, part of the 'resistance.' If Senator Warren doesn't know that, she hasn't been paying attention much to the region or the Arab rhetoric on this subject and I would question her fitness to lead.

Second, when the unidentified Pal groupie attacked her for 'apologizing' for Israeli actions, Senator Warren's reaction was to say 'I am too a progressive, I didn't apologize for Israel, you know I just really want peace, kumbayah.'

Senator Warren, like more than a few Democrats is willing appear to be pro-Israel when it suits them for donor money and votes. But she  is also  apparently more than willing to 'triangulate' that support to appeal to her progressive, predominantly  anti-Israel base. Not only that, but the fact that she got so easily manipulated and doesn't appear to actually know much about the region except the talking points she's been fed is a bad combination.

Massachusetts voters who think Israel does have the right to defend itself and to exist should take note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a bullshit pro-israeli pro-zionist blog post. Its purely propaganda. Fulls of lies

Rob said...

Au contraire 'Palestine' groupie. Full of facts, which I'm sure makes you quite uncomfortable.