- A Virginia congressman refuses to knuckle under to CAIR for stating the obvious..that more immigration means more Muslims and thus more congressmen like ex-Nation of Islam member and CAIR functionary Keith Ellison.
Republican Rep. Virgil Goode's letter to constituents warns that without immigration overhaul "we will have many more Muslims in the United States."
"We need to stop illegal immigration totally and reduce legal immigration and end the diversity visas policy pushed hard by President Clinton and allowing many persons from the Middle East to come to this country.
"I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America..."
The simple truth. I would only differ with him in solely blaming Clinton, rather than extending it to the current occupant of the White House. Kudos to Congressman Goode for sticking to his statement.
- This just formalizes the jihad already announced, but a Somali Islamic leader has issued a `war decree' against Christian Ethiopia. The jihad marches on in East Africa,just as I predicted.
- The US has apparently knuckled under and given its backing to an extremely watered down UN `sanctions' draft on Iran for its defiance in breaking the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty and defying the UN.
The new draft eliminates most of the travel bans originally proposed, exempts the Bushehr plant from oversight and, while it contains language ordering UN members not to ship certain materials to Iran, is very flexible in allowing countries to determine what those strategic materials are and gives them 60 days to report on compliance...which makes that requirement meaningless.
Most of these changes were prompted by the Russians.
To summarize, this is mere bolshoi, a `feel good' piece of nonsense designed to do absolutely nothing...as Ahamadinejad and Iran have no problem in letting the rest of the world know.
I never thought I'd end up quoting Michael Moore, but `shame on you, Mr. Bush.'
- The Sudanese Army is now actively involved in mopping up what's left of Darfur, claiming that they killed 200 Darfur 'rebels' in the region. The toll is likely much higher, and the UN appears unable and/or unwilling to do a single thing about it except perhaps, as Mark Steyn wrote, to send a blimp over the region with a banner saying `you're screwed'.
- Al Indonesia's Supreme Court has overturned the conviction of Jamaah Islamiyah head Abu Bakar Bashir of conspiracy charges in the 2002 Bali bombings.
Jamaah Islamiyah is the local al-Qaeda offshoot.
Bashir only served a mere two years for helping plan the bombings. For more information on Bashir, go here.
- In an interesting development, a UK soldier has been accused of giving secrets to Iran.
Daniel James, was the interpreter for NATO commander in Afghanistan General David Richards, and is said to have communicated with a "foreign power" believed to be Iran, according to MI5 sources..
James has an Iranian mother and speaks fluent Pashtun, the main language of southern Afghanistan. And as an interpreter for the British general who commands some 30,000 NATO troops in Afghanistan, James would be privy to highly sensitive military and political information.
Maybe this explains a few things. Apparently Iran is in a defacto war with Britain as well. Not that the Blair government would want to ever admit that.
- Qassams continue to hit Israel but Olmert is still unresponsive... and that is driving his military and many of his countrymen meshugah, to use the local vernacular.
While Fatah and Hamas are fighting each other for power, nothing gets in the way of trying to kill a few Jews for the cause. Over fifty Qassams have been launched into Israel since the um...ceasefire announced by Hamas and Fatah with Israel.
And yet Olmert is still planning on meeting with Abbas before year's end and giving him even more concessions. Absolutely amazing.