... rededicating the Saudi funded Islamic Center of Washington D.C.
That's right..our war president took a little time off from hawking the amnesty legislation to the senate to participate in ceremonies honoring a wahabist outpost within spitting distance of the White House.
To get a good sense on what the Saudis push in mosques like this, here's an excerpt from the report on hate literature found in Saudi Mosques, courtesy of Freedom House:
* Various Saudi government publications gathered for this study, most of which are in Arabic, assert that it is a religious obligation for Muslims to hate Christians and Jews and warn against imitating, befriending, or helping them in any way, or taking part in their festivities and celebrations;
* The documents promote contempt for the United States because it is ruled by legislated civil law rather than by totalitarian Wahhabi-style Islamic law. They condemn democracy as un-Islamic;
* The documents stress that when Muslims are in the lands of the unbelievers, they must behave as if on a mission behind enemy lines. Either they are there to acquire new knowledge and make money to be later employed in the jihad against the infidels, or they are there to proselytize the infidels until at least some convert to Islam. Any other reason for lingering among the unbelievers in their lands is illegitimate, and unless a Muslim leaves as quickly as possible, he or she is not a true Muslim and so too must be condemned. For example, a document in the collection for the “Immigrant Muslim” bears the words “Greetings from the Cultural Attache in Washington, D.C.” of the Embassy of Saudi Arabia, and is published by the government of Saudi Arabia. In an authoritative religious voice, it gives detailed instructions on how to “hate” the Christian and Jew: Never greet them first. Never congratulate the infidel on his holiday. Never imitate the infidel. Do not become a naturalized citizen of the United States. Do not wear a graduation gown because this imitates the infidel;
* One insidious aspect of the Saudi propaganda examined is its aim to replace traditional and moderate interpretations of Islam with extremist Wahhabism, the officially-established religion of Saudi Arabia. In these documents, other Muslims, especially those who advocate tolerance, are condemned as infidels. The opening fatwa in one Saudi embassy-distributed book, published by the Saudi Air Force, responds to a question about a Muslim preacher in a European mosque who taught that it is not right to condemn Jews and Christians as infidels. The Saudi state cleric’s reply rebukes the Muslim cleric: “He who casts doubts about their infidelity leaves no doubt about his.” Since, under Saudi law, “apostates” from Islam can be sentenced to death, this is an implied death threat against the tolerant Muslim imam, as well as an incitement to vigilante violence;
* Sufi and Shiite Muslims are viciously condemned;
* For a Muslim who fails to uphold the Saudi Wahhabi sect’s sexual mores (i.e. through homosexual activity or heterosexual activity outside of marriage), the edicts published by the Saudi government’s Ministry of Islamic Affairs, and found in American mosques advise, “it would be lawful for Muslims to spill his blood and to take his money;”
* Regarding those who convert out of Islam, the Saudi Ministry of Islamic Affairs explicitly asserts, they “should be killed;”
* Saudi textbooks and other publications in the collection, propagate a Nazi-like hatred for Jews, treat the forged Protocols of the Elders of Zion as historical fact, and avow that the Muslim’s duty is to eliminate the state of Israel;
The Washington DC Islamic Center is identified specifically in the report as a center of this kind of hatred.
Aside from the incongruity of a president who has sworn to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land speaking at a place like this, especially on religious tolerance, the current occupant of the White house has big plans...he wants to appoint a US envoy to one of the world’s most bigoted groups, the Organization of the Islamic Conference:
"To underscore America’s respect for the Muslim faith here at home, I came to this Center six days after the 9/11 attacks to denounce incidents of prejudice against Muslim Americans. (Applause.) Today I am announcing a new initiative that will improve mutual understanding and cooperation between America and people in predominately Muslim countries.
I will appoint a special envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference. This is the first time a President has made such an appointment to the OIC. (Applause.) Our special envoy will listen to and learn from representatives from Muslim states and will share with them America’s views and values. This is an opportunity for Americans to demonstrate to Muslim communities our interest in respectful dialogue and continued friendship...."
For those of you not familiar with the OIC, let's revisit a few highlights:
- The conference is the place where Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed received a standing ovation for a keynote speech delivered on October 16th, 2003 that was nothing less than a declaration of jihad against the west. In it he declared that `Jews run the world' and essentially said in so many words that the destruction of Israel was a goal towards a larger pan-Islamic caliphate, and that essentially, the US and Europe will only accept Islam as their master after their current masters, the Jews, are destroyed.
- In 2004, just after the massacre of children at Beslan, the OIC famously defined Islamic terrorism as `legitimate resistance' and refused to cooperate with the UN in condemning it.
- In 2005, the OIC called for universal application of sharia and demanded a permanent seat on the UN Security Council.
- Also in 2005, Iranian president Ahmadinejad got a standing ovation speaking at the OIC in Mecca, denying that the Holocaust occurred, calling Israel a `tumor' and demanding that the world 'move the Jews to Germany'. And in 2006 Ahmadinejad called for “the elimination of the Zionist regime,” and recieved widespread applause in a speech at the OIC that year. Needless to say, the OIC failed to condemn this is the least.
- In 2006, during the Danish cartoon seethefest, the OIC passed a resolution demanding that the UN pass a resolution bannning `attacks on religion' ( read `Islam) with sanctions for violators.
- This same organization, the OIC has an office, the Islamic Office for the Boycott of Israel, entirely devoted to enforcing a boycott contrary to US law. And they recentlypassed a resolution condemning Islamophobia and `insults to Islam' as `worst form of terrorism’. And they have never unequivocally condemned the terrorism that occurred here in America on 9/11, in Britain, in Madrid or indeed, anywhere else.
- The OIC, as one of the largest voting blocs in the UN has repeatedly obstructed any actions against Sudan for the genocide in Darfur.
- The OIC consistently supports Hamas, and Hezbollah, groups identified as terrorist organizations under US law.
This is the racist, anti-American group our president legitimized and wants to send an envoy to, `to listen and to learn'.
So, let's reiterate: the president of the United States shows up to make some sort of statement on moderate Islam and religious tolerance, in a wahabist mosque with representatives of unindicted terrorist co-conspirators CAIR , the Saudi Islamic Society of North America ( ISNA) that's used as a front to fund and export this kind of jihad to America present. And concludes his remarks by stating that he's going to send an American envoy to the Heart of Darkness `to listen and to learn.'
This is apparently Prsident Bush's latest foray into influencing Muslim hearts and minds..by dealing with the same people that are spending millions to radicalize Muslims world wide and undermine our society.
I still remember what President Bush said on September 20th, 2001 in his speech to Congress and the nation.
He told us that Islam was a religion of peace, which was untrue. And he also made a point of saying ( and perhaps he truly believed it) that al-Qaeda was `a fringe form of Islamic extremism that has been rejected by Muslim scholars and the vast majority of Muslim clerics.' And as we've seen, that was also untrue. While there are many Muslims who reject what al Qaeda stands for, there are also a significant number of Muslims who think otherwise.
The president made a point of telling Muslims how much we respect them...but he did not once call for America's Muslims to come forward and out the jihadis in their midst or provide even so much as an `800' tip line as a framework for them to do so. Instead, the president preferred to enable people like CAIR and the Wahabi institutions here in the US....like the Washington DC Islamic Center.
The president also said this:
" We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. (Applause.) From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." (emphasis mine)
Remember the Bush doctrine?
Had President Bush actually done this, with no equivocating, this war would have been over long ago and the president's reputation very different from what it is today. The fact is, he didn't,and he continues along the same path.
Unfortunately, that nuanced response to naked aggression has merely exhorted our enemies in the Religion of Peace to even greater efforts. You have to remember, the president just wasn't heard, or judged, by us....then or now.
While we're exporting Coca cola and I-Pods to our enemies, they're exporting jihad ideology here. And we're enabling them.
The irony is, in a word monstrous. But obviously, not for this president....