Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Iranian Scientist Claims Nukes Program Attacked By New Worm


I haven't been able to verify this independently from any of my sources, but it's worth looking at. And the ending made me laugh!

The writer has this e-mail from an Iranian scientist:

I am writing you to inform you that our nuclear program has once again been compromised and attacked by a new worm with exploits which have shut down our automation network at Natanz and another facility Fordo near Qom.

According to the email our cyber experts sent to our teams, they believe a hacker tool Metasploit was used. The hackers had access to our VPN. The automation network and Siemens hardware were attacked and shut down. I only know very little about these cyber issues as I am scientist not a computer expert.

There was also some music playing randomly on several of the workstations during the middle of the night with the volume maxed out. I believe it was playing 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC.


Ah hah hah! Get 'em, Angus..fair dinkum!!


I love the part where whomever the sender is claims he is 'just a scientist.' That's undoubtedly how the guys in the infamous Bureau D over at Degesh, an IG Farben subsidiary thought of themselves while they were doing experiments with Zyklon B to murder concentration camp victims more efficiently.

2 comments:

louielouie said...

how does an iranian scientist know who ac/dc is?

Rob said...

They're pretty much a world famous band. Also, if an MP3 was part of the file, it would reference the song title and artist.

Personally, if it was me, I would have included 'Highway to Hell', which is exactly where I hope the Iranian regime is headed.