Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 'Post-Racial' Inaugural Benediction



Courtesy of the Reverend Joseph Lowery:

'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day


Black will not be asked to get in back;

When Brown can stick around;

When Yellow will be mellow;

When the Red Man can get ahead, man;

And when White will embrace what is right.

That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'...



What, you thought this stuff was over with? I have to admit, I'm surprised Obama okayed this. Or maybe not....

I have a couple of words for the good reverend, and I assure you they are not 'Bless you.'

UPDATE: As Gateway Pundit reveals, this is the same jerk who attacked President Bush while he was attending Coretta Scott King's funeral.I'd forgotten about that one.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lowery was quoting a Bill Broonzy song from the 1950s about race relations and turning it around to include everyone in an optimistic, hopeful way. It was eloquent, gracious, inclusive, and human.

Freedom Fighter said...

Hello David, and thanks for dropping by.

I'm familiar with the Bill Broonzy song and I'm afraid I don't agree that Reverend Lowery's use of it was 'inclusive' or 'gracious' .

And by the way...I'm sure Lowery and people that think like him haven't noticed, but it ain't the1950's any more.

And the reason it ain't is because a number of whites decide that the existing order of things wasn't right and did some thing about it.

If they hadn't, it wouldn't have changed..and yet Lowery has the unmitigated gall to suggest that ALL whites they haven't yet 'recognized what's right' !

Do yourself a favor... exchange 'black' for 'white' in that little couplet and imagine say, Rick Warren or anothe rwhite clergyman doing it.

You'd want his head on a platter, and I'd agree with you.

My two little words for Lowery and his ilk still apply, I'm afraid.

Regards,
FF

Anonymous said...

I'm white; been that way all my life. I didn't feel outrage at the pastor's words, just inclusion and love. Pastor Rick was inclusive, too.

Freedom Fighter said...

I guess we can agree to disagree, anonymous.

I felt that bit of 'poetry' was insulting to both whites and Asians.

And as I said, if Pastor Warren or any other white clergyman had said something about 'blacks embracing what's right in this context, I think the roof would have blown up.

Thanks for dropping by.