Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Melanie Philips Explains All About The Jewish Lobby


Spectator writer Melanie Phillips, the author of the superb Londonistan has a new piece that explains how powerful the Jewish Lobby is in Britain that made me laugh out loud:

After watching Peter Oborne’s ‘Dispatches’ programme on the power of the Israel lobby in Britain, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

I now see things in an entirely different light. I now realise that the power of this unique cabal is so vast and unprecedented in its truly demonic power – a power given to no other lobby – that both the Labour government and Tory opposition slavishly and unquestioningly support Israel’s military actions and that the Guardian and the BBC have found themselves totally unable to publish or transmit anything other than wholehearted support for Israel.

I now realise that, every day, a cowed and intimidated Guardian publishes story after story in support of Israel, focusing relentlessly upon the beleaguerment of its citizens under the onslaught from Hamas while never carrying anything in favour of the Palestinians, presenting the Middle East entirely through a pro-Israel prism and never even reporting the Palestinian point of view except for a few contemptuous references suggesting that they are always lying.


Simply superb...you gotta read it all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading her columns ( & the columns of some other writers ) & reading news reports about the cultural war occurring in London is profoundly depressing for me at a personal level. Decades ago, I lived more than once in an admittedly ' dodgy ' neighbourhood in Greater London & had a chance to ' bus tables ' as we say here ( I don't think they used that expression there ) at a cafe ( a caff ) & did some other temp work -- it was once possible to do temping legally & work your way round Europe if you wished or needed to.

A few years ago, I met some old friends & they told me that those small businesses were not only long gone from those precincts of London, but that I'd not live long if I tried to walk round there at present.

Londonistan, indeed ! Maybe it's just as well that I haven't been there for almost 2 decades. I still have my memories of what once was. Just as my last New York visit still has those 2 towers in it.

I don't want to bask in nostalgia, but I don't understand this weird pc world which has sprung into being. I'm frightened. I feel like that Rip Van Winkle character.

-- dragon/dinosaur

Anonymous said...

PS, like her, I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist ! I've always wanted to say that !

-- dragon/dinosaur