Friday, September 17, 2010

Yom Kippur,5771



At sunset, Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement starts.

It is a day of fasting, prayer, spiritual reflection and contemplating G-d's judgement.

It's a day that always strikes me with awe and despair...because I know, and G-d knows exactly how imperfect a human being I am. All I can do, as the prayer says, is to ask G-d for understanding,mercy, and the strength to make things right because my good deeds are always too few.

Of course, Yom Kippur is not just about abasement. It is a time of hope, a time to see how to make things right between you and G-d and to persevere as you attempt to purify yourself spiritually.

The above video shows is a dramatization of a prayer said at Rosh Hashana, the New Year, that deals with the nature of G-d's judgment that occurs on this day, Yom Kippur.

May you all be blessed and inscribed.

Gmar Chatima Tova.

please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

No comments: